Data Protection Notice
Data Protection Notice
- The “European Federation for Animal Science” (EAAP) is an international non-governmental organization with its registered office in Rome (Italy), via G. Tomassetti 3A, 00161, which aims to improve the knowledge and the dissemination of research results of domestic animals farming. Membership is open to scientists, animal breeders and administrators.
- For the purposes of its activities, EAAP may need to process certain personal data or personal information concerning its members and/or third parties including suppliers, collaborators and consultants.
- For the purpose of this Data Protection Notice and pursuant to Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), “personal data” means “any information relating to a natural person identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”; “processing” means “any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction”.
- Your personal data will/may be processed by EAAP for the following purposes:
- Processing membership subscriptions;
- Managing membership portfolio;
- Processing applications for registration to the workshops and scientific conferences organised by EAAP;
- Administering and/or managing members’ relationship with EAAP (including mailing of correspondence, statements or notices to members, which could involve the disclosure of certain personal data about the members to bring about delivery of these items, as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
- Managing scholarships and other sources of funding;
- Managing activities related to the application, implementation and conclusion of international research projects;
- Responding to any enquiries by members and/or third parties;
- Carrying out research and analysis for EAAP operational strategy and policy planning purposes;
- Sending materials and information on workshops and scientific conferences via postal mail or electronic mail;
- Managing and inviting speakers at conferences and workshops;
- Other activities in relation to EAAP statutory objectives.
- EAAP lawfully and rightfully processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Personal data are processed by EAAP in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- The processing of personal data by EAAP shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15-21 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, namely:
- Right to have access to your own personal data processed by EAAP and to receive the information on the persons or third parties who have directly or indirectly access to your personal data stored in the EAAP databases; this include the right to receive a response to the request for the information whether your personal data are being processed and receive the personal data within 30 calendar days after the request is made;
- Right to obtain from EAAP the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Right to obtain from EAAP the restriction of processing of your personal data where they are: (a) inaccurate; (b) no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims;
- Right to obtain from EAAP the erasure without undue delay of your personal data where: (a) they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed; (b) they have been unlawfully processed; c) you have exercised your right of withdrawal of consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- Right to require EAAP to provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and where technically feasible, to transmit your data directly to another controller of your choice (right to data portability);
- Right to object at any time to processing of personal data where they are processed for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Right to protect your personal data from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity, and business reputation;
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali) to safeguard your rights of personal data protection;
- Right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time by contacting the EAAP s representative, Mr Andrea Rosati by email (email@example.com).
This Data Protection Notice serves as an integral part of the terms and conditions of all events organized by EAAP which may require you to provide your personal data for registration purposes.
 Version 1/2019.
 EAAP is group of undertakings including EAAP and its fully-owned subsidiary, SERVICE EAAP S.r.l.. SERVICE EAAP, with its registered office in Rome (Italy), via G. Tomassetti 3, A11, performs its statutory activities for and on behalf of EAAP.
 That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. EAAP shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay (Article 12(3) GDPR).